Saturday, November 14, 2009

Stitches out!

Had a wee bit of a lie-in on Friday, basking in the silence free from the annoying tinnitus! Got up and cleaned my room, fresh sheets on the bed etc. I decided to wash my hair before I go in to the doctor - was really, really... REALLY! looking forward to having a bath and washing my hair this morning!


Had a bit of a strop when I realised some eejit had just went and used up ALL the hot water!!!!!! GRRRRRR! Instead of a bath had to use the electric shower. The bath had to wait... I was so cross, I was almost late for the doctor's appointment!


The new GP, Maya, was young, pretty, chic and pregnant; I felt so drab, fat and ugly beside her! I didn’t feel the stitches coming out at all. The Swine Flu Vaccine was another matter - it hurt like hell! Inspecting my scar, Maya thought it would benefit from staying dry for a week at least and asked me not to wash my hair til next weekend(!) Urgh!


Later on that evening I felt really cold, achy, run down and really miserable - a side affect of the vaccine I guess? I was still snapping at everyone too. By 6pm the tinnitus came stomping back with a vengeance.


Had to stay up and wait for my mum to arrive. She came back to Dublin for her cousin's wife's removal/wake and was staying with me til the funeral next day. Mum didn't arrive til after 12:30am... at 10pm I was so bored, I broke my self-imposed break from playing poker and started playing with my free player points (I deliberately emptied all poker accounts for this month!) on PokerStars. And won my seats in the Joe Cada 100k game (Joe Cada won the World's biggest and most prestige poker competition WSOP last week) and the Sunday 250k game! Naturally my mum arrives as I'm in all these... and the criticism starts. She really doesn't see what I see in poker, she thinks its 'correct' to gamble on 'any two cards' that it is not a sport, there's no skill in it, its all luck, gambling and vice! I just ignored her - just wait til I get my big win and lets see what she says then! LOL! The tinnitus was roaring away and I was dying for my bed.


I just hope this tinnitus is just temporarily due to stress of the operation, tiredness, overdoing things and being slightly run-down from the affects of the antibiotics pumped into my system last week. Would hate to see it continuing...

No comments:

Post a Comment