Tuesday, December 1, 2009

3 days to Switch On

I've not posted in a couple of weeks, it has been a tough few weeks... but none of it was implant related!

I went back to work on Thursday 19th November - too soon in my opinion, as I was very tired and unable to concentrate much with the raging tinnitus. A lot of family issues came up that necessitate taking day off on Monday 23rd to sort out things properly. Back into work on Tuesday and that was my first 'proper' day back work and I haven't looked up for air since!

Strangely enough I have had no further attacks of tinnitus since Friday 20th November... Not that I am complaining mind!

The numbness to the left of my tongue is still there, my taste has changed too. I'm not tasting sweet any more, thinking of chocolate my mouth no longer waters! But think balsamic vinegar, rich savoury meats, chili-spicy food, salty crisps etc and my mouth salivates like mad!!!

I really miss my left hearing aid - I really notice that its gone and keep putting my hand up to check if its 'switched on' or the battery must be gone only to feel the lump and the realisation that I can't wear HAs there any more! The scar has healed up - no scab (there was hardly any) left either thanks to Bio-Oil.


But in the mist of all this it just hit me today - there's only THREE DAYS to my switch on! Whooop! Whoop!

I know, I shouldn't be over excited, I keep reminding myself that most people don't like the sensation/sounds/experiences of first few weeks... they are disappointed, they find it hard to adjust, they experence regrets, then it starts to get better. I don't care - I just want to hit the ground, feel it all and start the work! It feels like limbo all this waiting for activiation - I have a CI techically, but as of yet I don't actually have one...

Hurry up Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment