Thursday, September 3, 2009

Decisions! Decisions!

"As a fair warning, its going to be an emotional process so any ranting and
raving isn't intended to milk for sympathy but just more of an outlet. So
apologies in advance if I sound like an emotional wreck ;)"


from: Nikki in Perth http://ci-borg.blogspot.com/2005/11/how-it-will-work.html


Nikki has worded it better than I! I've a lot to think/do before I have the Implant... its starting to keep me awake! I'm getting emotionally over-stressed about everything!

I have to make a 'realistic' list of sounds I hope to hear after the CI. This helps with the AR work, gives goals to work towards, etc. But how do you know what sounds you want to 'hear' if you have no idea what the sounds are?!

I have to decide if I want a CI in the right ear or the left? The team have left it to me to choose. I'm favouring the weakest ear (left) for obvious reasons, but there is this school of thought that its better to use the 'stronger' ear.

Which implant do I choose: USA's Advance Bionics 'Harmony' or the Australian Cochlear 'Freedom'?

Then there's the morbid stuff to sort out like getting my finances in order, finalising my will (very important!) and leaving special ensuring everything is in place in the event of my demise. I know there's only .1% of that happening during my CI but the worry is still there... as a single mum to two children age 4 and 11, I have to be prepared for EVERY possibility. That is one of my biggest fears: dying before my children have grown.

Waking up with bad dreams about the latter isn't helping me either! The lack of sleep and the distraction is affecting my work too...

AAARRRRRRHHHH!!!! Decisions! Decisions!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, amazing stuff. Never knew you had this blog too Jules. Isn't technology amazing, the things they can do today.

    The very very best of luck with this in November. Hope it goes really well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, amazing stuff. Never knew you had this blog too Jules. The very best of luck with this in November; hope it goes really well for you.

    ReplyDelete